Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Matthew's 20th Birthday & Gone 6 Months Already! Possible Transfers next week!

6 Months already!  I can't believe how the time is flying by!  Matthew is doing very well and is looking forward to a fun week!  First today May 30. 2012 marks 6 months since he reported to the MTC.   Next - his 20th Birthday is Friday June 1, 2012.  Its hard enough to believe he will be 20! Last, and certainly not least!!  He and Elder Guest have a baptism coming up this weekend on June 2, 2012!  They are super excited!

We are so proud of Matthew and the work he is doing.  Here are some excerpts from recent letters:


May 21, 2012

Hello from the land of way too many bugs!! 

How goes it? Hope everything is treating ya'll well.
        Last night we had an awesome fireside. Sister Diana Hoelsher came and spoke to the ward. We had a really good turnout, and the members loved it. As we were talking to the members afterward, a lot of them mentioned people who they were thinking about and were asking questions about how they could use the ideas they were given with them. I personally believe that this ward is about to light up with member missionary work.

May 28, 2012

Hello from the Very Excited Elder!!!

This week is going to be an awesome week. Everything is going as planned for the Baptism on Saturday. We almost had to push it back a week because our investigator almost didn't show up for church (you have to come to church a minimum of 3 times before you can be baptized). He was about 5 minutes late but still made it. This past week has been real hard and real fun. We have faced a lot of criticism this week on people’s door steps but they haven't affected me as they would have normally. Which is a good sign I think. After the fireside we had last week (which I think I told you about in my last email) the ward has been stoked to do missionary work. We have had a lot of the members tell us about their friends that they have been working with and asking advice about how to strike up a conversation with their friends about the gospel. It has been amazing. We have dinner tonight with an awesome family and they have had us over twice now for dinner but have had a non-member there (which is the best situation).

"The Eye's a Better Student"
The eye's a better student and more willing than the ear.
Fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear,
And the best of all the preachers are the men who live their creeds.
For to see the good in action is what everybody needs.
I can soon learn how you do it, if you'll let me see it done. 
I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run.
And the lectures you deliver may be wise and true,
but I'd rather get my lesson by observing what you do.
For I may not understand you and the high advice you give,
but there's no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.

Hope ya'll have a great week!!
Love, Elder McNamara

No comments:

Elder McNamara's Favorite Talk from April 2013 General Conference!

Matthew's Favorite Apostle & Talk - Safety For The Soul