![]() |
| The Canyon Ward received Matthew's Mission Plaque. How blessed Matthew is to have both the Canyon Ward and the Bountiful 21st Ward members to love and support him! We are so very thankful! |
Elder
Matthew Wade McNamara – Texas San Antonio Mission
Matthew has had an eventful
August. He stepped off a curb and
sprained his ankle pretty good, and had to wear a brace and use a cane for
about 2 weeks. He still got around though
so we are proud of him for working through it.
It is feeling much better now and he is off and running. He had a lot of car problems this month as
well so he had a lot of extra time to spend with his bike. Not his favorite activity in 100+ temperatures. He is really enjoying his area and getting
to know the people of Texas. They have
been very supportive to the missionaries.
On August 30th, Matthew celebrated his 9th
month in the mission field. Hard to
believe it has gone by so quickly!!! We
are thankful for everyone’s love, support and prayers on Matthew’s behalf. We are truly blessed! ~ Love, Mike & Kim McNamara
Excerpts
from recent letters:
August
13, 2012
Good Mornin ya'll!!!!!
We got ambushed
this past week. We knocked on this lady's door and she invited us in and we sat
down to talk and she had her bible open and a book by an Anti-Mormon open and
ready to go. Did not go so well at first but I can tell that she totally felt
the spirit because whenever she tried to explain something that she felt was
going to stop us in our tracks she was never able to and she could never say it
in the right way and was always stumbling over her words. It was quite
interesting. We are still plugging away trying to find people and have
some good things happening here in the near future. (I hope).
August
27, 2012
Ollo from the beautiful land of
Cedar Park Texas!!
(Not
as beautiful as Utah but one of the better parts of Texas that’s for sure)
Well today is Day 273 of 731,
Week 38 of 104, end of month 9 of 24 and the end of Transfer 6
of 17. My goodness time is flying by. Well things are rolling right
along here in Texas. We talked to a total of 202 people last week
and set 7 return appointments for this week which will hopefully result in 7
new investigators and seven baptisms. The wards are awesome. Love the people.
There is yet another missionary leaving from the Cypress Creek Ward. He leaves
Sep. 5 for the Rapid City South Dakota Mission. He is excited and I have had the
opportunity to have him come teach with Elder Turner and
I and he is going to make a great missionary.
Well Transfers are this week and I
get to stay in the place where I am at, but Elder Turner is getting
transferred. So on Thursday I will be getting a new companion. Kinda nervous
for this transfer a little more than usual and I don't know why so we will see
how it goes. The plaque looks awesome by the way! (Kim had sent him a picture of
the missionary plaque for the Canyon Ward)
We have a lot of funny members in
our ward who say some pretty funny things. I would like to share some of them
with you:
Sister Cunningham having a
conversation with an Athiest:
Athiest: "I
don't believe in God"
Sister
Cunningham: "Well he believes in you!"
Sister Whipple while bearing
testimony on something President Uchtdorf said but couldn't remember his name:
"Oh what is his name..................... Well you know, the cute German
one."
And Brother Davis:
"Well I
remember in the pre-existence........"
Hope you get some laughs from these.
Have a great week!!!
Love, Elder McNamara

No comments:
Post a Comment