Elder Matthew McNamara
As of today
(Tuesday January 28th) Matthew has 22 days until he returns
home!! Mike & Kim would like to
thank everyone for their continued support and love shown to Elder McNamara
& to our family. Matthew has been
greatly supported in every way possible, and we sincerely appreciate ALL of
you! Matthew is finishing out these
last few weeks in Uvalde Texas. They are
in a very small ward, but will have 5 missionaries serving from their ward when
one of their newest Elders leaves this next month. They have been chased by wild Chihuahua's,
and had a lady answering the door with beating sticks, but he still loves
it.
Elder
McNamara wrote the following letter last week in an attempt to sum up his
mission experience. We look forward to
having him home again, but will miss having a missionary out too!
THANK YOU again! We LOVE you ALL!
~ Mike & Kim McNamara Family
January 20, 2014
Dear Friends, Family & the Two Awesome Wards who have supported me,
What a great experience these last two
years have been. Thank you for your
continued support! I have enjoyed
hearing from all of y’all! Sorry if I
haven’t responded or taken forever to respond, I am terrible at writing
letters.
These last two years have been a
roller coaster ride. There were days
that if felt like we were climbing a hill and would never reach the top. Other days flew by like the downhill
slope. There have been great sorrows and
great joy. The contrast is so great that
I feel like using Alma 36:21 –
“Yea,
I say unto you my son that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as
were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto
you, my son, that on the other hand there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet
as was my joy.”
On my mission I have felt those pains so bitter as I
listen to an investigator tell us that they no longer want to meet with
us. And on the other hand, I have felt
the Joy so sweet as I watch God’s children enter the waters of Baptism and come
out with the biggest smile on their face.
I can honestly say that serving a mission has been the hardest thing I
have ever done in my life, but I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything in
the world!
For any Young Men or Young Women who
are trying to make the mission decision, I promise that going on a mission will
be on of the best decisions you ever make.
I have learned so much about the gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ. I have grown closer to my Father in Heaven.
As my two years come to an end, here
in about 4 weeks, I have been doing a lot of reflection. All that I can think of though is that I have
been a part of the greatest work upon the face of the earth, and I am so
grateful!
Brothers and Sisters this is the
only true Church of Jesus Christ. He is
at the Head and leads and directs his work here on the earth. I have seen that over and over again. I know that God is our Loving Heavenly
Father, and that he loves us. I know that
because of that love, he gave his only Son so that we might have the privilege
of returning to his presence. I know
that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the Restoration and that through him the
church, the Priesthood and all the blessings that God has for us have been
restored. I know that Jesus is the Christ. That he lived and died for us. I
know that he is always waiting and eager to help us if we will turn to
Him. This is my Testimony and I know
that it is true!
Love,
Elder Matthew
W. McNamara
No comments:
Post a Comment