Monday, April 8, 2013

Hello From Converse Texas!

Hello from Converse Texas!!!!

This week has been a wonderful week. It started with some really good appointments in which we set 2 investigators with a baptism date. In the middle of the week we had a lot of finding time (aka. Knocking). And the week ended with General conference.
 
What a fabulous weekend of General Conference, as well as a really good week of work. I decided when I came back to the mission that this next year was going to be so much better than the first. I have been working really hard to try and make that happen, and so far the Lord is blessing me with the strength and the ability to do so. The more I get out and work the more my desire to get out and work increases. Elder Thorn is such a good companion and has helped me get back into the swing of missionary work and it has felt like I never even left. 
 
One of my favorite quotes from General Conference this weekend was from Elder Holland (of course). "Fan the Flame of your Faith" I have experienced this recently with coming back to the mission. As I have worked to fan the flame of my faith I have seen it grow and my desire to share my testimony with others grow. I find myself more excited to go out and teach lessons and suprisingly just as excited to go and knock on doors. We have faced much rejection in the last 2 weeks but we have also experienced much joy and happiness with those we have been able to speak to.

This is the true church of Jesus Christ. Every time I study from the Book of Mormon or read a Conference talk or bear my testimony I can feel the Spirit testifying to me that it is true. I know without a shadow of a doubt that the work I do each and every day is the work of the Lord and that there is nowhere else I would rather be right now. THIS GOSPEL IS JUST GREAT!!!!!!!

Well that's all from my neck of the woods hope ya'll have a great week!!!!!

P.S. I am doing an Organ solo in Zone Conference tomorrow!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!  
 
Love Elder McNamara

No comments:

Elder McNamara's Favorite Talk from April 2013 General Conference!

Matthew's Favorite Apostle & Talk - Safety For The Soul